OS / Services Requirements
- Networking must enabled (at least via loopback)
- Portmap must be running → MacOS X note
- In case of troubles, turn off firewall
- When doing real performances or similar stuff, we recommend that Soundium and Decklight run on separate machines!
- >= Java 1.4.2
- Runs on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows
- Repository contains Eclipse 3.2 project files
- We recommend using Gentoo Linux
- For other distributions, such as Ubuntu, make sure you not only install the binary packages, but also the development packages
- Autoconf / Libtool based (requires current autoconf, autoheader, automake, and libtool)
- GCC 3.4.4 or greater recommended (earlier versions may not work)
- GCC 4.1.1 currently used as production compiler
- OpenGL (e.g., current NVidia or ATI drivers, ATI is however largely untested)
- ALSA Libraries (libasound)
- ffmpeg (Note: the API of ffmpeg changes often, we currently link against 0.4.9 gentoo ~x86)
Mac OS X
- Important: Only Decklight3 is currently supported on Mac OS X, and only prelimiary (it's basically just a test case)
- XCode 2.4 (autoconf might work, but searches for X11, requires some adaption)
- FFMPEG, FFTW, ImageMagick, and PortAudio (V19) as external packages. Typically installed in /usr/local
Building Decklight 2 / 3 on Linux
Building from Scratch
$ cd decklightX
Note: "./configure --disable-static increases build time"
--enable-optimize=pentium4|prescott|athlon64|... (default none)
--enable-debugging=yes|no (default yes)
--enable-profiling=yes|no (default no)
--enable-bouncelets=yes|no (default yes)
Alternatively, CFLAGS and LDFLAGS can be passed to the configure script.
--disable-static speeds up compilation time.