In the past, Soundium has been used as a rapid prototyping and research platform for many digital art and entertainment applications. Soundium is currently not available for download.
The Soundium software as a whole consists of two parts: The Soundium management console which consists of
- a graphical control and programming environment for state manipulation,
- a interactive design environment,
- a scripting engine,
- a media manager for media annotation and retrieval,
- support for collaborative environments
- automatic software configuration, media handling
- an extensible resource access and management system:
- file system
- web resources (including web page grabbing / portal login)
- e-mail (POP3 / IMAP)
- OBEX (USB, IrDA, Bluetooth)
- AT commands (USB, IrDA, Bluetooth)
- Nokia PhoNet
- Microsoft ActiveSync
- USB card reader
The Decklight processing engine consists of
- a highly customisable and modular real-time media processing environment,
- a unit for automated, multi-threaded rendering of different media types,
- a programming environment for straight-forward integration of processing units and media types, also through 3rd party libraries,
- a large set of existing processing units, e.g., scene and video processing graph, audio and music processing, speech processing, various types of I/O (TCP/IP, HTTP, bluetooth, MIDI, etc.).
→ Publications: Scientific papers and talks related to the Soundium platform.